28 July 2005

Return to something approximating normal

I was able to walk all the way to work today. It rained last night, and the promised cold-front actually arrived. It's only 70 degrees now.

I was so excited that I was walking, both for the walking itself, and the fact that now I'd be able to tell you something about my day. But Ninth Avenue did not inspire me this morning. All I could think about was the weird dreams I had last night. Bloggy Blog Blog and I swam up Bleecker Street, which had turned into a river. I woke up early to take a shower -- that time of the morning when you're not sure if you're awake or dreaming; I'm pretty sure I was dreaming -- to find that none of the lights in the bathroom or kitchen were working. I checked the fuse box, but the tripped circuit breaker would not flip back. (My friend Stacy has been having problems with a vandal stealing her building's fuses; that must be where that came from.) A friend from work and I attended a fancy wedding on a train; everyone thought he was too young for me.

But then, fortunately, something happened in Real Life, that I can tell you here. I passed this man walking up Ninth Avenue. He seemed a little angry, and in a great hurry. Maybe it hasn't cooled down enough for him yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Excellent Walker said...

It's easy. All you have to do is cut and paste the picture code to the spot in the post you want the picture to show up. You might have to switch to "show html" mode to do this, but it's pretty self explanatory once you're there.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home