25 July 2005

I haven't perfected this yet

There are any number of reasons I haven't posted since Friday. It could be that because of the hot weather, I haven't really been walking much, so I don't have material. Also, walking loosens things up for me. The converse would mean that if I don't walk, I'm blocked.

The second potential reason is that, while at Sase's BBQ way the fuck out on Long Island on Saturday, Erik told me that he'd heard that I am writing a book. He was intrigued, and wanted to hear more about it, if I felt like talking about it. Nothing could have been gentler or more respectful. He'd like to start writing himself, and did I have any advice for how he could find the time. I found myself telling him about this blog, and how great it was to have something that I wrote every day that had no pressure attached to it. Clearly, I jinxed myself.

So, I got nothing. If you want something to read, go read a real blog. Always funny, always insightful, always there. How does she do it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

I'm sacrificing a large chicken for you right now. You are now unjinxed. No pressure -- just keep writing since you write seriously good and interesting shit.

Why is "shit" an acceptable synonym for stuff? I should have just written stuff, but shit makes me sound more bad ass-y. In any case, I like readiny what you write and have missed your blog presence.

You know, for one heady and completely deluded moment, I thought maybe I would be the "real blog" link. Oh, Ellen. I thought, you are so kind, so hyperbolic, I don't deserve... I wasn't. Curses. Clearly I have some way to go yet. But Dooce is pretty darn good, I agree.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've long given up on posting every day. I have something to say, I say it. I don't, it's quiet for a week, no apologies. Dooce is probably a blog-bot disguised as a smart, incredibly funny woman.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Gretel said...

I thought it'd be Stuntmother as well...she makes me laugh. There's no need to wrack yourself about not blogging every day, but I do enjoy reading about normal life in New York...

Sometimes the tiny things can be logged - I'm going to blog my spider which lives in the window...sad but true. ;)

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home