10 August 2005

Meeting of the minds

StuntMother is in town for a few days; we had dinner and drinks last night at the super-gay Brite Bar, a few blocks south of my office. More drinks than dinner, I'd say, if my difficulty getting up for an early work meeting this morning is any indication. Why do people schedule things for 8am? Things other than breakfast in bed, that is.

We discussed our hair, and how it is the front in the war against sliding into middle age. Fortunately, my hair people generally take me for younger than I am -- probably because I'm not married and don't have children -- so they haven't started to give me the soccer mom cut yet. Sometimes, though, I catch a glimpse of my unruly hair as I'm passing a store window, and think the only thing keeping me from looking like a crazy street person is the assiduous application of product. Must buy stock in Devachan now. StuntMother usually has her children in tow at the salon, so has to emphasize that she wants to "look like I don't have children".

We have such problems.

There were other topics of conversation, which would no doubt fascinate you, but you never know who is reading these things...

2 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Next time, you come too, okay?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Ooh, actually I meant to comment about middle aged hair. It seems my hair is trying to age ahead of me -- but that may just be that it can be days between visits to the mirror. I am committed to a total lack of soccer-momitude and my hair, whether it likes it or not, is going to toe the line. OR I will crew cut it. Ha!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home