16 March 2006

I Hate These People: The Co-op Board, Part 6

The broker called yesterday to give me tips for my co-op board interview, to wit:

- "Dress verrrrrry conservatively." I guess this means pulling the pants suit out of the back of the closet. I should probably do this soon enough to get it dry cleaned; I'm sure the cats have been nesting in it.
- "They will probably ask you about your cats." What is there to say? They're cats. They sleep 90% of the time.
- "Make sure you tell them you love the apartment as is. You don't want them to think you're going to come in and make renovations."
- "They'll probably ask about your social life. Don't lie, but you should probably say things like 'oh, I never have parties; I only listen to classical music; I like to go out to the movies.'"
- "You never rehearse your singing in the apartment."

I know this is the broker being overly cautious, but don't you just love these people already? I think my birthday -- April 22nd -- would be a good day for my first party, don't you?

4 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

I hate it when you have to make apologies for cats...we had to sign a form saying we'd get the cottage fumigated when we left because we had two cats...(actually we've got four now, but that's another story).

Good luck - think Conservative!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Oldsoul_NotQuite said...

The whole co-op process/system has a hint of communism/fascism to it. Does your social life really need to be a determinant in whether you can buy an apartment?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Ook I thought I commented already! What I wanted to say is that you are beautiful and charming, well-educated, nicely spoken and classy. You could not screw this up unless you tried -- honestly. They will LOVE you and you won't have to even prevaricate. I mean, how many drug-crazed punk rock bands do you regularly host?

I know that this isn't the point philosophically or politically (hands off my life, Coop Cretins!) but practically, it is. Practically, you pass muster and though it is upsetting to think they can sit in judgement of you, feel at least happy in the knowledge that you can easily jump through their hoops and then you have an apartment! Your OWN apartment! Yahoo!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home