13 March 2006

I Hate These People: The Co-op Board, Part 5

Good news: The co-op board wants to see me.

Bad news: They want to see me on March 29th.

I guess there's no chance of a March 31st closing now, which, honestly, would be fine, since there's no pressure on me to leave my apartment by April 1. But, I'd been planning to take a week off to clean/paint/move, and the later in April that happens, the more likely that week will be one of the two my boss is planning to take off. He's already told me -- back in January -- that this will be the first time in ten years that he's taken more than a one-week vacation, and that he needs me to be here to catch any emergencies that come up.

I love when things come into such stark focus -- the job that sustains my life has to come before the living of that life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Hey -- good news about co-op board and stuff. Just think that it gives your more time to lurk in Ikea getting neat chatchka. I will go with you! Come here! We have two!

Good luck. I will cross fingers and hold thumbs and light candles and other semi-pagan rituals to bring good luck down on you.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home