24 February 2006

Do I really want to do this: The Co-op Board, Part 4

This is an email I just had to send to three friends:

Hi referers,

So, the broker says that my personal reference letters aren't up to snuff (form, not content). She advises that they need to be printed on letterhead, or in the absence of letterhead, at least high-quality stock. I can get you the latter if you don't have any. ALSO, she noted that a couple of you didn't get the address exactly right, which is totally my fault. It should be:

The Board of Directors
Really Annoying Owners Corp.
At the same address, really, as the old one, but in a slightly different format
New York, NY 100--

I'm really sorry to ask you to re-do this. I'm getting pretty angry at the whole process, to be honest with you. I mean, why should a PERSONAL reference letter be on letterhead? I'm vowing to save every penny so the next place I buy will be a freestanding house, without a ferkakte co-op board.

If you can redo this, I can come pick them up from you personally, since I need to get them in asap.

Drinks, dinner, something, on me, really soon...

xo
E.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Hoops. Hoops hoops hoops. That's what you're having to jump through. That's what I'm contending with. People with the power say "Play the game my why or lose" and if you don't know the rules (or if any of the rules are secret rules that you're not allowed to know) and you still break them then tough. Guess you're not the right sort.

I feel for you, girl. Your friends won't mind a bit. They have hoops they need to jump through too, and they will help springboard you through yours. I am so rooting for you.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home