02 July 2006

On why cellphones are going to kill you

Riding the M104 home last night from Fairway at 11pm -- yes, it was a very exciting Saturday night -- a man sitting behind me had the following conversation with his girlfriend:

"I'm on the bus."

"I'm getting close."

"We just passed 89th Street... 90th... 91st... wait, no, we're stopping at 91st."

"I'm on the M104, we're just about to pass another M104. I'm on the non-electric one."

"Should we go for dinner first, or go to the movie place?"

"Isn't the food going to get cold if we go all the way up there first?"

"I'm coming up to your stop; think fast, dinner or movie place."

"On this one, this bus stopping right now."

"Get on the bus, I'm on this bus."

"I'm on the bus you just got on."

"No, that's the other bus."

Those two last comments were while the girlfriend was actually on the bus, oblivious to the fact that her boyfriend was sitting 10 feet away. Unbelievably, the conversation continued in this vein for the rest of the trip, only now I could hear both sides of it. ("Which place?" "That place we went before," et cet.)

Normally I'm very tolerant of inanity, but come the fuck on. Don't people know that eventually, I'm going to have to hit them if they keep this up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home