21 September 2005

Peter update number 1

Dustyn, one of my few female colleagues, is very supportive of the rock project. She comes by at least once a day to ask to hold it. She likes the way it fits in her hand.

Today she insisted that we weigh it, to see if it's changed since the first time. James predicted that it would have gained weight, from all the dead skin cells people are leaving on it. And what do you know, he was right. Peter weighs 0.050grams more than he did two weeks ago. Time for a diet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter must be on my diet.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Hmmm. If you washed Peter, would that take off the skin cells? Or would it deposit something else? Maybe it would depend on the kind of water. Something mineral heavy like Perrier might just make him bigger. Perhaps you should keep him in a dish of water for a week and let people pour water on him to see if erosion would have any effect. It would also keep up the Peter/Catholic thing with a baptism mode.

I love this rock project.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could take the rock into the shower with you each time to see if the force of the running water has a measurable effect. I suppose you'd have to dry it again before weighing, but these are the sacrifices we make For Science.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Excellent Walker said...

I did wash it! With dishwashing liquid. I think it made a difference in the oil build-up, but I'm not inclined to weigh it more than once every few months, or when someone asks me to.

And I did think, as I was running the water over it, that it would be an excellent way to accelerate the process. Accelerate, you know, by micrograms.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home