06 September 2005

Missed the boat

... or truck, in this case.

When I passed the American Family trucks at 5:30, the lines of people and cars waiting to drop off donations were fantastic. There was one truck devoted to water, another to food, one to medical supplies, and several to clothing. The piles of shopping bags full of the contents of New Yorkers' closets were enormous.

I hope people gave decent stuff, and not just any old schmata they were going to put in the rag bag anyway.

I raced home to pack up my clothing donations -- mostly new t-shirts leftover from when I had a t-shirt business -- but heard at 6pm that they had stopped taking clothing donations. So, I need to find another way to get them down to where they'll be useful. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm only sending blank t-shirts right now. I have some of my designed ones leftover, too, though not as many, but I want to put my labels on them before I ship them. God forbid some teenaged girl in Louisiana be walking around in a Lucabu T, getting compliments while the water recedes, without knowing where it came from.

If anyone has any shipping notions, please let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Oh, I am so glad you're back. Not that I have anything useful to say right now, but I am basking in the glow of your return.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home