25 August 2005

Twins

On my way to work this morning, around Fordham University, I passed, as I have several times before, a set of twins. The two women are probably in their 50s, though they have the kind of non-descript faces that could put them anywhere from 40 to 60. If there weren't two of them, you probably wouldn't notice either of them -- long gray hair, thick, oversized glasses, baggy t-shirts and dingy sneakers. Maybe that's why they're always together; you can't help but notice when there are two identical people walking towards you, no matter what they look like.

They walk very quickly, and are always having an animated conversation. "Did he really say that?" "He did." "I don't understand why he would say that," all in the space of the two seconds it took to pass me. I wonder if they are ever apart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

I've always wondered if having a twin would mean that you never have to feel alone. Or I wonder if you would sometimes feel even more alone than those of us who have not always had someone close by.

11:35 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

nice story!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home