19 April 2007

Confirming the Superiority of New York

I'm not usually one of those people who boasts about how great NYC is compared to other places. I think it's partly because I grew up here -- I'm so confident of the fact, I don't need to prove it -- and partly that I've lived other places, and so realize that there are a lot of other fine places in the world to live.

But today's report on New York City's Greenhouse Gas Emissions, which states that NYC produces 1% of the United States' greenhouse gases, while housing 2.7% of its population, seems to suggest we've really got something good going here.

Closer examination of the report, which I am still reading, reveals that our enviro-friends out in San Francisco emit 11.2 metric tons of greenhouse gases per capita, to our 7.1.

But then, the number for London is 5.9, so we've clearly got a way to go.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Really? London? Huh. That's interesting.

I am feeling even more city now that I have to leave. I hate that. It feels like such a fake. But NYC is great.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home