22 November 2006

What Seven Pounds of Root Vegetables Looks Like


I went a little overboard at the greenmarket today. Sister-in-law #1 always makes the pies for Thanksgiving, apple and pumpkin. Sister-in-law #2 hasn't been in the family long enough to claim something as her own, but last year she brought string beans, so that's what she's bringing this. Desserts and green things being out, because God forbid we put ourselves in a position to make a direct comparison between my cooking and theirs, I am bringing roasted root vegetables. Considering that there are only going to be seven adults at dinner tomorrow, at least two of whom will take no-thank-you portions at best, I probably should have restrained myself. But they're so pretty.

For the record, those are: purple turnips, yellow and red carrots, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, rutabaga, garlic, red onion, parsnip, celeriac and shallots.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to the blogosphere, but a Bayside alumnus like you, with friends in common. Trying to figure out who you are, Excellent Walker.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Hey! I missed this post - but those vegetables look very good. I love roasted vegetables.

And Anon: you'll have a far easier time figuring out who Excellent Walker is if you leave a name. Or at least a hint! Let's make this fun! All right, first syllable, sounds like...

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home