24 October 2006

No. I do not. Need. A bag.

I know I haven't had my coffee yet when I'm paying for my cup of the stuff at the deli in the morning. I may be cranky. But I am there every morning, with my 75 cents, you'd think someone would recognize me by now. But every morning it's the same thing. If I put my cup down on the counter to get out my money, I risk its being snatched up and put into a bag. And then I have to say, fast enough to be acted on, and therefore too sharply, "I don't need a bag, thanks." I love starting my day feeling like a bitch.

I also don't need the three napkins that are then invariably plonked on top of the cup, but at the instant they're placed there they soak up the tiny bit of coffee seeping out of the top, and removing them would only result in their being immediately thrown away.

Who needs a bag for a cup of coffee? Napkins?

Yes, I realize the solution to these wasteful practices is to not buy the deli cup in the first place, but rather to drink from the communal office pot. What do you want from me? I haven't had my coffee yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I need those napkins. I am a slob, especially when walking with hot coffee. Ow.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we need to chip in and buy you a travel mug.

also hate the unnecessary bags. i find myself almost yelling at people that i don't need one, they do it so reflexively.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home