25 January 2006

What it takes

*Complete copy of 3 most recent consecutive months' statements for each of your asset accounts. INCLUDE ALL PAGES. If any unusually large deposits appear on any of these statements, please provide documentation relating to the source.

*Complete copy of most recent 2 years Personal Federal Tax Returns (ALL SCHEDULES).

*Copy of 2003, 2004 and 2005 W2 Forms.

*Copies of all pay stubs covering most recent 30 day period.

*If you receive a bonus or commission as part of your compensation, provide a signed letter from your employer on letterhead breaking out your base salary and bonus income for 2004, 2005 and projected 2006.

*Clear copy of Drivers License.

Can you tell I'm trying to buy an apartment? I put in a bid on something I thought I could afford, but then every person I talk to seems to add another $2000 onto the price with fees and closing costs and lawyer's bills and probably grande lattes all around.

The list above is just for pre-approval on a mortgage; not even the mortgage itself. God knows what that's going to require. And the co-op board? I don't even want to think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Holy cow, you GO! This is great. Just grit your teeth and walk on through. I went through all this crap whatever years ago and it was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. You are up to this. Hurrah! Go go!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Gretel said...

This is the kind of thing (like my tax return) that makes me want to put my head under a large cushion and scream 'arrrghggh!!'

Go for it! (the mortgage, not the cushion...)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home