22 October 2005

The Numptys come home


It's pouring rain today, but I went out to the post office anyway, to retrieve the two paintings that I bought from Gretel last weekend. Isn't it amazing that mail can get from the UK to here in three or four days, but the mail carrier can't walk a short flight of stairs to leave that package for me at the laudromat?


Never mind. The Numptys are already settling in, out of reach of Luca and Oz, who are always suspicious of newcomers. The Moon on a Stick came framed, so is all ready to give to Kendall for Christmas. The girl reminds me of her, and the cat of the late, great Jake -- my parents' 25-pound chunk of love whom Kendall was devoted to.

The Numptys aren't framed, though. Let's take bets about how long it will take for me to get that accomplished.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

Oh they've arrived in one piece, good. Now, I was a bit of numpty myself and forgot to send a mount with them, but when you do take them to the framers, they were intended to have a circular mount. Or oval. Unless you really want them squared of course - you are Guardian of the Numptys and the choice is yours!

:0)

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are really gorgeous. I'll bet Kendall just loves it.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

I agree. This is a wonderful Kendall present. Congratulations on becoming Guardian of the Numptys.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunny! BunnybunnybunnybunnyBUNNY!

You harm me with the adorableness of the bunnynumpties.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home